Final post from the Virginia wedding with more photos in this one post than ever posted at once here!

by sesame on October 16, 2011

I think I dragged out these posts because I just wanted to make sure I could relive a little bit of the trip once I was back in Melbourne.

Tomorrow I will finally be able to write about my Camera Therapy workshops, introduce you to the one app that changed my business and let you know about what is in the works for Melbourne in February!

Thanks for sharing the wedding with me through my lens and this was when I put the camera away, fed my kids some much deserved ice cream (vanilla so as not to stain the dresses) and got myself a nice glass of red wine. Parties with my family are epic and this was a gorgeous one that I will not forget. I am a bit proud to say that I pushed myself creatively not only shooting a wedding (and liking it) but doing the majority of it (all of the images on this page) in complete manual mode…I mean white balance and manual focus too. What a thrill. It really does go to show that putting yourself outside of your comfort zone can strengthen your abilities. And I have fallen in love with this old 35mm lens.

Imene October 16, 2011 at 10:33 pm

I love the pictures and the wedding looks amazing. The choice of colors is classic and beautiful!!!
    I am looking forward to reading your next post!!

Helena October 17, 2011 at 2:25 am

What a beautiful set of photos!
    And it seems like your family has great taste, as well, everything about this wedding looks classy and elegant. I especially love the bridesmaids’ dresses because they’re nice and smart and look good on all the girls (you don’t see this very often, do you :P).

@lindakelso October 17, 2011 at 2:50 am

beautiful work, i love your soft film like colours in your images ??? is this captured using film or digital?? the softness in your images has also captivated me, lovely use of your equipment …. so much suffering from ‘i want what she has envy’!! : )

sesame October 17, 2011 at 5:06 pm

These were all shot digitally, but my whole process now is about getting it right in camera including the colors and “look” using my jpeg picture settings and a custom white balance!

Sarah October 17, 2011 at 4:15 am

Great pictures and memories. I like the idea of embroidering the date into the groom’s jacket.

melbo October 17, 2011 at 5:52 am

I just love it. You should be proud because you can see the love for your family coming through the photos.

Isabel October 17, 2011 at 6:32 am

the pictures are so wonderful. i loved “watching” you do this. and i can’t wait to hear your thoughts on our awesome workshop!

Kim October 17, 2011 at 8:21 am

So beautiful! I’ve enjoyed seeing this wedding weekend unfold. Gorgeous pictures!!

Kelsey Gerhard October 17, 2011 at 8:38 am

The best wedding post yet! I’m going to look at Penn’s site for used lenses now… :)

Valentina October 17, 2011 at 12:26 pm

beautiful wedding post =)
    you are amazing!!! :)

Pau M. Fabre October 17, 2011 at 11:23 pm

i totally loved the wedding colors!! I would love to hire you for my wedding, but i’m only 22 and i don’t think my boyfriend will propose soon!! haha =)