Down to the wire… 10 on 10 the (almost late) all Australian edition

by sesame on April 10, 2012

These images were all shot on a day when were were happily holidaying away up in Merimbula, New South Wales. We got an early start and took an adventurous day trip to the local dairy farm (ice cream and cheese, Kieran was in heaven), stumbled on some Australian wildlife, followed that by a hike up to some (very cold mountain water filled) rock pools by a gorgeous waterfall and finished up with a dip in the (delightfully heated) holiday park swimming pool. I am pretty sure we will be back to this spot and next time, I will buy myself a wet suit. Ever since my 3 month struggle with pneumonia last year, I get an asthmatic tight chest in cold water.
Despite shooting these way in advance this month, I am barely getting them edited and up on the blog in time! I even broke the rules here a bit by posting more than 10 lines of images. We were very busy relaxing and there was a lot (the ridiculous amount of times one needs to take potty training children to the loo for example) I wanted to remember. I am just discovering this country and my heart still skips a beat in disbelief when I see a kangaroo. I just could not cut anymore shots this month.
Here is the day…well, 10 hours of it.

Follow the 10 on 10 blog journey by clicking the link to another photographer in each post. My link sends you off to: Kellie Hatcher | Maui Family Photographer. Complete the circle of beautiful blog entries and you will end up right back here.

Sophie April 10, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Rachel these are absolutely STUNNING! The last 2 are GORGEOUS! If you don’t mind me asking what were your camera settings for the last 2? I have tried so hard to achieve the same effect in the past but with no luck. Good luck with the potty training!!!

Robin April 10, 2012 at 11:14 pm

I am potty-training my third child, and I cannot imagine potty training twins! Full time job!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the last one!!!!

Bethany Petrik April 10, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Oh my gosh, my heart skipped a beat when I saw the horse with Clover. Such an amazing powerful image! So many great photos of such a sweet time with your fam. Love it!

Karen linnell April 11, 2012 at 12:40 am

Dreamy images that make you feel as if you were actually there!

Amy April 11, 2012 at 4:01 am

I wish I could live a day in your shoes! What I woudn’t give to be able to see kangaroos and koalas up close like that! It looks like a fabulous little vacation, Rachel. Love your images. :)

Kelsey April 11, 2012 at 4:36 am

I love this series of 10, Rachel! I hope you are going to make a beautiful book of your vacation photos.

molly April 11, 2012 at 4:44 am

these are all so beautiful and really full of love, rachel! glad you indulged us and posted more than 10. :-)

Life with Kaishon April 11, 2012 at 5:48 am

I really adore these pictures. What a beautiful family you have. I love the curls : ) and the car : ) and the koala!

kellie April 11, 2012 at 8:15 am

oh rachel! i adore these! love the tiny details, thumb sucking, flip flops, towels…so perfect.

kristin m. young April 11, 2012 at 10:54 pm

oh, you have such a unique perspective! looks like it was lots of much needed relaxation!

Shannon Harrison April 11, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Hot dang. Clover with the horse literally made me hold my breath. So glad you made it in time. I’m always stoked to see your 10. xo

Aimee April 13, 2012 at 2:15 am

Love this series and thanks for introducing me to a whole bunch of new blogs. :)

Ketti April 15, 2012 at 5:08 pm

The way you feel about seeing kangaroos is how I feel seeing bald eagles. Still can’t get used to it.
    I love your towel photos. Especially the one hanging on the line. I’d hang that on my wall.

Samantha Lawson April 29, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Hello Rachel… I am new to your blog and I adore it!! The last image of your girl holding up her towel is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!! :) I love photography too and I am just trying to start up my own business… your pictures are an inspiration!