Not playing favourites.

by sesame on April 2, 2014

With three kids it is hard to share images of them on here equally. It isn’t that I am playing favourites, it is just that there are periods of time where one child over the others fancies being in front of the camera. Right now it is Clover who loves being documented. So while you might see more of her here, on Let The Wild Rumpus Last and on my Instagram, I swear I am not playing favourites!

diptych-clover

I hope that when we look back on the photographs of our life as a young family there will be an overall balance of the kids. I think the cat might be feeling a bit left out though.

cat

Tiphanie Schreier via Facebook April 2, 2014 at 12:55 pm

My one nieces gets photographed more than her brothers. I love the boys, but the eldest does not want to be photographed and the youngest is always in motion. I try to get as many truly good photos of the two of them when and where I can.

Kellie O'Brien via Facebook April 2, 2014 at 2:50 pm

I have one who loves it and another who’s not so keen!

Tara Pollard Pakosta via Facebook April 2, 2014 at 3:47 pm

I know this feeling! My youngest definitely likes to be photographed way more than her sister!

Casey Russell via Facebook April 3, 2014 at 12:50 am

My daughter loves it, my son…not so much!!

marybeth April 3, 2014 at 1:54 am

I totally understand what you’re saying. Just be glad you have three kids so that hopefully you’ll always have at least one who doesn’t mind the camera. As you know, I only have one, so it is difficult for me to back away when he wants or needs privacy. I am getting better about it, but we don’t even have a pet I can turn to for my photo fix. My boy is 12 now, so he’s a lot more sensitive to the photos that I take and often asks me not to post something specific to Facebook or IG.

Kimberley April 3, 2014 at 4:15 am

I love seeing the gorgeous photos you take of all of your kids and I completely understand what you are saying. I think both of your girls are stunning and Kieran is just a handsome little man so it is always nice to see photos of them both together and individually. I don’t see how anyone could suggest that you are playing favourites, keep doing what you are doing and I am really looking forward to seeing some of the amazing photos that Clover will be the subject of in the near future just as much as I am looking forward to those of Gemma and Kieran when they decide that they want to be documented :) xx